Bleep bloop, says Dad. Bleep bloop, says Mom. Boop Boop, says Miriam. That is how Dad entertains us in the car while driving to Auntie Marie's house. We laugh, because it is so funny.
I wrote previously about beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed, and yesterday experienced some of that. I got to play the harp with the stake choir for stake conference, so I was up on the stand for the practice and then the meeting, and Chuck sat with Miriam down below. After conference was over I started packing up my stuff, and suddenly there was this flash of white and there was Miriam, in her beautiful white dress.
Mama! She put her arms around me and hugged with all her might and her face was lit up, her eyes squinted shut.
Mama! Mama! She hugged me tightly and I was so happy to see her.
And that is the glorious gift that we have every day. We get to see the grins and the squinted up face. We hear the laughing and the clapping and the hurrays. We get to see her take her umbrella to the car for the birthday party at Aunt Marie's. We get to see her load up her backpack, purse, and blanket to go pick up her friends from school. And after she goes potty, sometimes she is so proud and happy she comes back to me and signs potty and cries, "Hurray!"and hugs me. The happiness spills out and her body hums.
Thank you. Thank you. Hurray.
14 years ago

2 comments:
What a great post! You are such a great Mamma!
So cute! I love it! Casey told me yesterday, without prompt, "I love you, Angie!" and gave me a big hug!
Post a Comment