Monday, December 1, 2008

It's a Small World

We went to Disneyland on December 21, the day they turned on the Christmas lights. We had such a great time with Miriam. It was her first time, and we hadn't been in a really long time either, so it was a wonderful way to celebrate my birthday.Miriam fell asleep in the afternoon, while Chuck was carrying her on the River Boat, which was amazing. She never does that, so we took pictures for evidence.
Miriam was tall enough to go on the Matterhorn, which was really exciting. She was excited and scared at the same time, and I kind of was too. We loved It's a Small World, which was decorated for Christmas. All the little people were singing Jingle Bells! Miriam got to ride in a boat, which was pretty cool. We went up the Tarzan Tree House, and a Black panther or something jumped out at us, and scared Miriam. So ever since we went to Disneyland she has been signing Boat, for It's a Small World, and making a roaring sound and motion for the panther. One day I was singing Jingle Bells, and she signed boat and I couldn't figure out why, and then I remembered they sang that on It's a Small World. She remembers Disneyland still almost every day and talks about the boat and the panther, and we talk about the fast rides, and how she drove a car in Autopia. So fun.

No comments: